Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Balloon-A-Palooza

That's the name my brother has given to Thea's birthday party. When I asked her what kind of party she wanted she said "Boon" party. So balloons it was. It was a poppin good time. I must admit, I get pretty excited about my kids birthday parties...as if they are for me. We decorated with tons of balloons and I got all the balloon-themed party goods at the dollar store. SCORE!!!! I made a balloon cake and we made balloon animals. I had printed out some instructions from the internet and they suggested that you have a hand pump to blow up the balloons. I thought I could get away without buying one until I tried to blow one up by mouth....can you say brain aneurysm? So I ran out the night before and got one. Whew!!!! Now it did allow us to blow them up with ease, but the fact that there was only one caused quite a ruckus with the crowd. Anyway, the moms were good sports and it was fun.
Now, Thea got some pretty cool gifts; toys, clothes, Hello Kitty unnies. And of course I got excited about every one. Later, when I asked Thea what her favorite gift was, she said "my neckness" translated necklace. OK, so in the girls' goodie bags there was a Mardi Gras bead necklace and she got her own goodie bag. So of all the awesomely fun gifts, she got THAT is what she says is her favorite. KIDS!!!!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! What are unnies?? lol. looks like a great time was had!! i can't wait to be in attendance for the next big party!!
love cousin jodi

Jill said...

The last pic is my favorite!

The Queen said...

We had a great time.

The Perreca Family said...

What a cute party!! I can't believe Thea is 3- where did the time go?

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.