See that boy with Sammy? He and Sammy were born a month apart.....nearly 6 years ago. They were baby buds and toddler buds and now they are both starting Kindergarten. What?????????Sammy is starting kindergarten in a few weeks which we are all excited about. Our "routine" is about to change significantly and one of the ways is I will have to start preparing Sammy's lunches each day. I am excited to go out on a date with him to buy his school supplies including a new backpack and lunch box.
Well, this product has come to my attention and I would love to know if you have had any experience with it. Check out the link and let me know whatcha think. Kay?
Love the idea of not going through a million ziploc bags every month. And the nice-n-neat order of it all just makes my organizational brain do celebratory flips. But is it to good to be true?
11 comments:
never experienced this, unfortunately, but I am in LOVE with this idea!
way to be thinking about the environment Lena (oh, and convenience of course)
looks cool......and if it doesnt work out you could always sell it one of your yard sales!! go ahead get crazy..order it...cause it annoyes me too the baggie thing...if you like it I will get them... Amina
I haven't seen them before but the first thing I thought when i saw them was that there was no way all those cute little inserts would make it home every day.
It could just be my house, but doesn't everyone always lose little plastic cups and bowls for things? I end up with tons of lids and no containers....
The site is really neat--I may have to look around some more for some lunch ideas for our house! :)
I love the idea- and my kiddos are going to need something like this too since they will be in school full-time, too! My only concern is all the little containers that I know won't make it home. I tend to re-use the containers the cold-cuts come in (wanna be Tupperware)- I can fit their sandwich and fruit or veggies in it. If it's lost, it's no big deal! And it still allows me to be organized!!
My sister has these for her kids and loves them. I plan to get one for Caleb when he goes to school. We also have a bunch of reusable cloth baggies that I bought from Etsy (lined with vinyl) that has saved us a ton of plastic bags! :)
I think it's cool although personally I am in love with baffles myself. You could just try getting some of the tiny Tupperware to see how it goes in the lunchbox. And actually it should all come home because they are not allowed to toss food trash. They make them bring it home so you can see what they are eating (or not...).
Okay...baggies not baffles. I was trying to be cool and use Matthew's itouch to write that comment. Oops. Also, you might want to purchase some of that take and toss kid spoons and forks just in case. I swear by those things.
Kate, I was wondering what baffles were and I was about to google them. Hahah. And I also don't know what the kids spoons and forks are. It is good to know that they make the kids take things home. Sammy is pretty good about that anyway. hhmm.
I just got a pretty simply sandwich container...it was only $1 That way if it gets lost I would not care so much.
Who is my cheap friend? Several come to mind.....
I'm curious too?
I think that's true about them not letting them throw things out. Jake has come home with parts of his sandwiches both days. I'm already sick of the zip locks.....
First thing Jake said when he got in car...
I Luuuvvv Kindergarten!
Post a Comment