Monday, September 17, 2007

"FALL"ing in Love



Its been a while, I know. I just haven't felt inspired even though so much has been going on and God is definitely speaking to me in so many ways.
Today was a gorgeous day. Fall has arrived. I LOVE the Fall. It has been in the 70's and so crisp. Warm in the sun and cool in the shade. PERFECT! This afternoon we played outside until dinner. Mmmmm dinner. I made Grandma Rohrer's Beef Vegetable soup. The perfect Fall meal. I couldn't stop saying "mmmmmmm" all through dinner.
Sammy and Thea were in good moods for the little while we were outside so there were lots of smiles and giggles. Thea just loves that swing. Then........ we came inside where Thea embarked on her usual evening behavior of crying and "throwing" herself on the floor in various fits of rage. Only her throwing is more of a get-on-her-knees-first-then-lay-down-gently so as not to hurt herself. Pretty hard not to bust out laughing each and every time.
Last week was a tough week with Sammy. He goes through phases where every interaction is a challenge of the wills. And I usually come away feeling defeated. Needless to say, I was exhausted by Friday night. But this week has gotten off to a great start. He was a joy to be around today. And as I pushed him and Thea on the swings outside and they giggled at me grabbing their legs instead of pushing the swing, I was reminded of how blessed I am to be a mom. Especially to these two very silly, very unique and very squeezable munchkin heads!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that your kids have strong wills...couldn't be that they take after their mom? I laughed when you talked about you feeling defeated. You are one tough cookie...I can only look forward with "fear" to those toddler days. I will be content with my smiling, not sleeping 4 month old.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.