Saturday, November 8, 2008

7 Years and We Never Had a Fight

Mike and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this week and we got to get away overnight thanks to some very generous friends. It was so nice to be away and know that our kids were being so well cared for. Thank you Wrightsons and Gerckens.
We never go very far for our anniversary. In fact, we often end up right here in DC. But each year is a very different experience. This time we went here. We really enjoyed ourselves. We just walked and talked and walked some more. It is like a miniature city on the water. We were supposed to go here.
But we're not real sure what happened to the tickets we thought we purchased. Somehow, the transaction never went through. It ended up being just as well, as we had more time to just be together. I had a lot more energy than last year since I am not pregnant. In the morning, we went on a hike here.
We haven't been on a hike in over 4 years. Since before we started our little family. It was sooooo great. The leaves were beautiful, the weather was perfect and the company was delightful :) Life has been a lot more fun since Mike graduated and I am sooo looking forward to our first Christmas season free of finals!


One view from our room.

Walk at Sunset.


Beautiful & PEACEFUL Sunset.


A timer shot on our hike. Gotta love these. I had to make it in time while walking on slippery rocks. Thus, the weird expression.

13 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you guys got some time together. It is more important than we know! You are looking good too!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to be able to go back to where it all started. You guys look great, beauty photo's, and Thanx for explaining the "weird expression" you know I would have been all over that!! Amina

The Queen said...

Oh HOW great for you guys! I'm so glad you got some time away, and got to celebrate your anniversary in such a special way. Are you really serious that you've never had a fight?!

Thanks for being so sweet to us.

Anonymous said...

NO....ofcourse they had a fight. I think we NYers are the only ones that get that, there is a radio station that on the morning show would announce peoples anniv. and would follow it with "AND THEY NEVER HAD A FIGHT" Glad I could help... Amina

Anonymous said...

GREAT PHOTOS IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TIME :)

Diana said...

what a beautiful place. glad you got to do that! Seriously, Gina never fights with people. She's so passive.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary mike and gina. everyone should be as happy as you both are together!

love cousin jodi

Gina said...

I totally forgot about the radio station. I just remember mom saying all the time, but now that you say that, I can TOTALLY hear the voices. The main DJ would say the year and then the whole studio would say "and they never had a fight" in unison. Was that WPLJ?
And she would also always say "Sweet 16 and never been kissed."

Anonymous said...

cbsfm 101.1 was the station.

jodi

The Tates said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gina,
Do you remember the summer before you got married or maybe two summers before? We went on an errand for your mom and came back. You were talking about Mike and I was talking about Blaine. She said, "oh youse girls are in love." She just knew everything!

Anonymous said...

Di-You're so funny, I love when you're sarcastic with me!!
Jod-You're wrong it was Z100 radio station
Gi-Did you think Mom made that up? I love how we remember different things,I don't remember her saying the sweet 16 thing. She would so be into your blog!
Andrea-your comment made my cry!
Amina

Anonymous said...

right.. the z morning zoo...
jodi

Edie said...

Happy Anniversary!! It's always nice to go on dates with your husband!

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.