Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sabbatical

So as most of you know, I have taken a break from FaceBook. Luckily my sister in law stopped me before I deactivated my account. That is what I was planning to do to make the decision complete and thorough. She suggested I not do that since it will take forever to reconnect with all my friends and load pictures etc. etc. It's funny that the day after I made the decision our laptop broke, so I basically had a forced detox period. And I really think that helped because I have been doing fine with no signs of withdrawal. It was time.
So "WHY?" you ask. Usually when there is an imbalance in my life I am good at doing whatever it takes to get it back. It is rare that this requires going cold turkey, but it happens. This is one of those times I guess. I think Facebook was created for me...well at least people wired like me. I just so enjoyed reconnecting with old friends. Let's face it with the stage of life I am in, writing letters and talking on the phone ain't happening. So I loved that with the click of the mouse I could have a peek into people's lives that are so dear to me, that are/were such a significant part of my life. Yes it was convenient to send a quick message to a friend that I see regularly, but what was really great was to be in contact with my old Liberty community. So much nostalgia. And connecting with High School friends that I haven't seen SINCE High School. So fun!!! And to be in regular contact with my mom's cousins who meant the world to her and are so special to me.
So folks, I am not ashamed to say that I have a strong affection for Facebook, just a bit ashamed to say I was an addict. But with a little time away, I am sure I can find the balance and return VICTORIOUS!!
So I bid a fond farewell my dear Facebook. This is not goodbye, but see you later.

Sorry! No images since this computer has quirks that I have yet to conquer, viewing my pictures while I browse is one of them. I'll figure it out eventually.

5 comments:

The Queen said...

HOORAY! A new BLOG! You have made my day Gina! :)

Anonymous said...

miss ya best cousin!

Jill said...

welcome back to your blog...I was wondering if you were okay...you have to at least check facebook around Dec. 6th to see if there is a baby born. ;)

Edie said...

Well- I miss you! Can't wait until you are back ;)

Diana said...

We want more posts!!!

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.