.jpg)
The "D" word. I hate this word. I wouldn't even utter it when Sammy asked me why I won't try his biscuit with pumpkin butter. I simply said "Mommy can't have that right now." OK, so I am exaggerating a little. If you haven't guessed the word is DIET. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against watching what you eat, cutting back or even depriving yourself of sweet treats, I just hate the idea of diets. For good reason. I live by my mother's motto of "everything in moderation". But that motto ain't giving me the confidence I need to get into my fun bathing suits for our upcoming cruise.
It's all Mike's fault. It was HIS idea. We are doing the South Beach Diet. Today is the first OFFICIAL day. Mike wanted to jump right in on Tuesday when we got back from NY, so I went with it. I call it our ghetto south beach day. I HAD NOTHING IN THE HOUSE that fit into the diet so I was shaking and STARVING to death by afternoon. Not to mention the headache. So I quit and told him I will start after I go to the grocery store and stock up on the neccessities. So, last night I stocked up and the day is going great. We'll see how I feel in a couple days or tomorrow night at Pizza night when I will ACTUALLY have to pass on the pizza and just "enjoy" the salad sans croutons. What have I gotten myself into? Hopefully a fun bathing suit.
But for reals, the menu options are quite appetizing and it does not seem at all that I will need to starve myself. I am looking forward to, for the first time, detoxing myself of carbs and sugar. Oh wait, I must confess that I will still enjoy my International Delight creamer in my coffee each morning. Speaking of which, when I first started telling my friends about my new endeavor, I declared I would NOT be giving up my creamer OR my cereal in the morning. Well, I learned who my TRUE friends are. My friends A and Di, who are both familiar with the SB Diet, just laughed and let me make my own decisions. I am a grown woman afterall. No pun intended. Now, my UNTRUE friend (you know who you are) looked me dead in the eye and said "You have to." I said " I won't." She said "You have to." And then went on to explain how I would be setting myself up for failure if I didn't give up my precious cereal, blah, blah, blah. Well, Ms. UNTRUE friend, I ate a breakfast of eggs and turkey bacon this morning and I really enjoyed it.
So thanks.
I guess.
So there ya go. The latest and greatest from the worst blogger in the world. I know I owe you all an explanation. An explanation of my awesome Summer. I PLAN to post about each of excursions bit by bit so I won't feel overwhelmed.
See you soon.
7 comments:
lots of people would love to be your size, but i know how it is to not feel comfortable in your own skin. good luck trying to make your self feel your best, i know you can do it!
love ya, cousin jodi
I agree with Jodi- I think you are adorable!! I tried SB- and only lost weight once I moved to Phase II- as long as I stick with fewer carbs, the weight slowly falls off! And I eat cereal and have coffee creamer with breakfast!! Hang in there- you are going to be smokin' hot for your cruise!!
just for the record..you did not include cereal. You just said creamer.
glad it's going well and glad you went shopping and then started again. When R lived with us, she was on it with me and ate beans for breakfast one morning because there was nothing to eat!!! Hahahaha.
OK Di, fine, then you are not as true a friend as I thought. Oh well.
ha! You weren't truthful with your "true" friends! And Diana called you out on it.
Enjoy your turkey bacon--you'll forget about those Cocoa Puffs in no time. :>)
(p.s. that is NOT a cool name....)
It's a good thing you base your "true" friends on what YOU want to hear. :0)
yeah yeah yeah!!!!
Post a Comment