My sick day:
-sleep in (aka 20 minutes later than the rest of the people in this house).
-give Thea a bath while trying to pretend that I must have eaten too much the night before, taking deep breaths between stomach-gripping cramps.
- take a shower in hopes that it will make me feel better, all the while convincing myself that I need to drink more water and get back to working out. Surely, that is the problem.
All this before 10 am.
- Mike takes the kids to church.
- While they are away I sit in front of the TV...to fold laundry. On commercial breaks, (I was watching a wonderfully cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie. I just CANNOT get enough of those) I clean our master bathroom, including mopping and changing the shower curtain liner.
- All along the way, doing more laundry; washing the bedding in preparation for guests that are to arrive in the afternoon..
- vacuum the house
- Mike and the kids arrive home, he gives them lunch and puts them down for naps. He heads off to the grocery store and I am finally able to lie down since the guest will be delayed due to Richmond traffic.
- guests arrive and I am feeling much better. We go out to dinner and I mistakenly EAT. Not a good idea. Mike heads off with the guests to the Cowboys-v-Redskins game and I head home with the kids. My head is pounding and my stomach is twisting. Must be a migraine, I tell myself.
-straighten up the house.
- make up the beds.
- finish the laundry.
- get the kids ready for bed.
- hunker down for a movie with the kids.....with a whopping headache.
- finish movie.
- put kids down.
- SLEEP...glorious sleep........
... answer the untimely ringing phone...... it's Mike. They are heading home early. He doesn't feel well.
It's a VIRUS??????
- Switch beds, as Mike will need to be closer to the bathroom. I think it was around midnight. Place night lights around the house, so the guests can find their way.
- Spray the joint down with LYSOL.
- SLEEP.....glorious sleep.....with stomach cramps.
- Mike returns. I'll spare you the details of the various times I was woken as he, heh hem, was sick.
- which brings us to today. Woke up bright and early. Got things situated for the guests. Coffee. Cereal rather than the planned pancake breakfast a la Mike. Towels. Shower items. Sad that the visit didn't turn out as planned.
- spend today surviving. Doing the bare minimum. Kids, once again, watch a lot of TV, as I have little energy.
- Lots more LYSOL sprays.
- Pray...... a lot.
Mike's sick day;
- lay on couch in secluded basement room resting and watching movies!!!!!
6 comments:
oh, no. I"m sorry you are sick. Hope you are feeling better :0)
sweet rohrers :(
Wait a second...
I'm so confused....
Why on your sick day did you do house cleaning & chores & take care of the kids, and on Mike's sick day he got to lay around & watch movies all day?
It just doesn't make any sense...
Was that a type-o?
:)
(feel better friend)
J-lo
I hope you feel better! And I wish you could have a Mike-sick-day! Why is it always that way?!?
Oh man, you have had such a rough fall! I did keep meaning to ask Mike at church where you were on Sun. and never got ahold of him, so this explains it! :) I really hope you both are feeling better and the kids don't get it. YUCK-O!!!
Post a Comment