Thursday, October 21, 2010

BSF

The girls on their first day of (co-op) school

I go to a Bible study called Bible Study Fellowship International. It is exactly what it's name declares. A Bible study that occurs internationally. All across the world this week, people are learning the same lesson from Isaiah 7. I found this week's lesson to be quite confusing, but our teacher helped us out immensely.

Now, the reason I have chosen to attend BSF this year, other than it being a great study, is so my girls can go to the children's classes which I have always heard are phenomenal. Since Thea isn't going to Preschool, I wanted her to have a classroom experience. She is getting that here and at our Monday morning Co-op. It has been a really great mix.

Anyway, in the car on the way home, I asked Thea what she learned today.

"Thea, what did you learn today?"

"O-saiah."

"What about Isaiah?"

"There was a new King."

"Was his name Ahaz?"

"Yep. and he was a bad king."

"What made him a bad king?"

"He didn't follow God."

"Did God send Isaiah to tell him some things?"

"Yep. He told him that he needed to follow God and obey."
"And O-saiah went and told all the people that God is Holy."

"That's awesome." Taking a risk I asked "What does Holy mean?"

"That He is just perfect."
Thank you BSF!!!
When I ask Sadie what she learns (both after co-op and BSF, she simply states;
"Jesus likes me."
I'll take it. Especially since there are many times when her answer is "Goldfish."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that story....cause I really like ALL of the characters in it....Amina

The Perreca Family said...

Isn't it the best when they learn such amazing truth as such a sweet and tender age? Love it!!

The Queen said...

That's so great, but we still really miss you on Thursdays.

YOP!!! said...

LOL!!! Perhaps Thea and I could meet and have our own BSF (0:

Diana said...

that's awesome. wish I was doing BSF for both reasons. miss you :0(

Anonymous said...

So since I work in the mornings, my mom takes Sage to BSF for the same reason, that Thea is going. Don't you just love it. Sage is exhausted when she gets home and myabe Nana is too...good job, Gina. BSF is not for the faint at heart. Much HW.
--Jill

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.