Friday, February 6, 2009

Free Publicity

For those of you in the area, I would like to give a local small business some props. I just so appreciate that anyone can even start a business in these financial times, so I would love for them to find success. Anyway it is a small used book store here in Crofton. I wish I could say that the store has all kinds of character and old architecture, but that's no the case. Its just a small, very organized place where books are in good shape and cheap. You can buy sell or trade. I went there last week and I traded. I got 3 Dr. Seuss books and one currently popular adult book (which will remain nameless until I am ready to explain) for FREE. The books I wanted should have come to $11, and the books I was trading added up to $9. I negotiated to make an even trade. So what is my point? If you like getting books for cheap and you like healping out the small business owners
(especially at these hard times), I encourage you to patronize this store. It is located on Rt. 450 between Rt. 3 and Rt. 424. It is behind the 7-11 and near the Crofton Florist.
Thank you for your consideration.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here I am, supposedly the Crofton "expert", and I'm unfamiliar with this bookstore. I'll have to check it out - Thanks for making me aware of this hidden treasure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving the small business props... As you know I do work for an independent shop myself and have been saying this for a long time. Every time I hear someone is buying glasses, contacts, etc. on line... I get frustrated. Keep the little guys in business. Ask to match an online price.. most of the time they will come close.. Thanks G.

the "G" battery said...

I am sooooo waiting to hear what the unnamed book is.......

Diana said...

way to draw your readers in. Man, I can learn from you.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.