I read this today and it made me think about many things. I would like to read this book and maybe my friend J could help me out with this???????
When I think about my single friends I have mixed emotions. I love them dearly and admire each of them for who they are and what they are doing with their lives. Yet I know they have particular struggles that singleness brings. I also know that they have freedoms that I cannot enjoy in my walk with the Lord right now. And by freedoms, I don't mean the ability to go to a movie on a whim, or sleep in on a Saturday morning. I mean freedoms like being able to choose which ministry to be involved in at church (without having to balance the needs/schedule of others) or perhaps serving somewhere abroad. Or even the ability to give significant time, prayer, energy and completed thoughts to these decisions.
So whether you are single or newly married or married with children, may you earnestly seek to know your calling and fulfill it to the fullest. And by calling I don't mean this huge ominous lifetime commitment. I mean taking each day at a time seeking God and His strength to lead you to and through each moment according to His will.
This is not as eloquent as I would have hoped, but the link is. What I am trying to say is that I resonate with the thoughts expressed in that there link!!
*When I try to follow the link it isn't working, so here is the address just in case.*
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog//
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I followed your link... that books sounds incredible.
I enjoy keeping up with you on your blog... but I miss you face to face... will you be back at MOPS this fall?
thanks for this :)
who is your friend J?
love, cousin Jodi
Thanks for reminding me about this blog. It is great! How did you find it? I will start reading more often.
Post a Comment