Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Legal Rotation

Big news in the Rohrer household. Sadie is now LEGALLY facing forward in her car seat. Why is this such big news and why the emphasis on the legality of it you ask? Well, a child needs to weigh 20 lbs or more AND be 1 year of age by law to face forward. Well my kids have the turning 1 thing down, its the weighing 20 lbs that they have trouble with. So, with Sammy and Thea, we decided to break the law and face them forward soon after their first birthdays even though they didn't yet meet the weight requirement. If we would have waited, Sammy would have been close to 2 years old and we would have been able to turn Thea...umm.......yesterday....maybe.
Don't get me wrong, I was well prepared to be a rebel without a cause once again and turn Sadie regardless of her weight, so I bought Thea a booster seat (the kind that has the 5 point harness option for now), and was going to move Sadie into Thea's seat, but I decided to find out how much she weighs just for the heck of it. The result SHOCKED me.

Drum roll please.....................................................................

A WHOPPING 22 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe we have a child that weighs that much so early. Seriously, I think Thea weighs 26lbs or something. I wonder if she will be the first to break the 15th percentile before age 4. Sammy has kinda caught up for his age.
As we rejoice over Sadie's weight gain, I am pleased to announce I have lost 3lbs 4oz. since starting the "D". And let me tell you, that is the only thing that kept me from diving into the carbolicious treats served at our friends housewarming party last night. We got outta Dodge as soon as she brought out the strawberry shortcake. UUUUGGHHHH!!!!!

.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Great job on losing some pounds!! I, on the other hand, will be taking great pride in each pound that I gain! I even told my OB that...because I know as soon as this baby is out, boot camp will begin.

Diana said...

"weigh" to go Sadie! HA! O will kick your butt!!!! She's a whopping 20lbs at 9months!!!! 5lb's less than J and M at this age.

Gina said...

Very clever Di.

The Queen said...

Haha- I was just talking with someone the other day about your kids and their petite-ness. Oh, I think it was Angela and we were saying that our younger children have both handed down clothes to Thea even though she is older than them. Anyways, I never really thought about the car seat thing. And congratulations on your weight loss- you must be excited. Although I am still wondering why you or Mike feel the need to go on one? You both look great!!! Well, I'm doing a lot of carb-counting these days so if you want to hang out you won't find many sweets over here. :)

The Perreca Family said...

Congrats- you loosing weight and your kiddos gaining it!! Addie was the same way as your kiddos- she couldn't be turned around until she was 15mo old! And I'm convinced that she will have to ride in a booster seat to go to Prom.... Not Alden- he's my hefty one....

Edie said...

I saw you this summer- you don't look like you need to lose any more weight!! But, whatever makes you feel better.
Mya is still rearfacing but I think she might also weigh 22 lbs by now... It seems like she should weigh more than Sadie though...Sadie looked so petite when I saw her.

Anonymous said...

my kid may way more than that we it comes out. they told me it was a big one! oh and lois...yeah...she weighs around 14lbs right now and she's 3 months:)
love you and miss you gi!

ab

Anonymous said...

i meant when it comes out. its also sucking my brain out!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...i don't know how to spell either! what's happening to me!

ab

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.