Monday, November 23, 2009

Stop and Think


I watched a video today that I just HAD to share. So, if you have 15 minutes, yes I said 15 minutes, take a look. "Who has 15 minutes to spare?" you ask. I know, I know. But ironically, that's kinda the point of the video. It is called "Stop and Think". In this busy world of rush here hurry there, get this done before (insert your pressure point here), when I actually take the time to stop and think, I am constantly reminded of how majestic God is and this morning was just another example of it.


Take this blog, for example. I have joked that FaceBook is a blog thief, but I have finally figured out why. It is soooo much easier and quicker to just update my status and get my point across, than to sit here and really search my heart and mind for what is really going on. I was reading back at some old posts and I thought "how precious". I was reading posts around the time of Sadie's birth and the months following and I was just so glad that I had recorded those thoughts and memories. That I TOOK THE TIME to do it.


To stop and think.


I feel so privileged that He calls me His daughter and that I can walk through each day KNOWING that He loves me, even-no ESPECIALLY on days that I feel so UNlovable. I am grateful today for that long ago day in Billy Fluney's kitchen, sitting and crying with my Mom, when God Himself asked me to accept His Son, and all I had to do was say....I do. He took over from there, although I have certainly given Him a run for His money. Its not about me, its ALL about God and His goodness, kindness and love. What comfort I find in that. He has been so patient with me and will continue to be. I depend on that, because He is not finished with me yet. I cling to that.


http://www.crazylovebook.com/ click on videos, stop and think.

1 comment:

The Queen said...

That was great!! Thanks for sharing.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.