Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random Inspiration



So I haven't been feeling very inspired lately but as I was just looking back over older post, I am so thankful for the memories that I have recorded. I wish I were more consistent in blogging.

So I had an idea.

I would open my photo folder and click on a photo with my eyes closed and whichever photo popped up would be my inspiration for this post.

This is my little sister Jenny, well, she is Mike's little sister so.......

I met her when she was just a teenager. It was love at first sight for me. I think I blogged about how I always asked for a little sister or brother for every birthday/Christmas. Well my parents never granted that request but thankfully God did through marriage.

We've been through a lot together and I miss her so much.

We survived a very bad haircut experience together.

We have shared too many cookies with milk to mention.

We have danced in celebration and cried in mourning together.

We have laughed together to the point of tears and we have cried together to the point of laughter.

We have loved and we have fought hard together and that is what makes our relationship so sweet.

We used to talk all the time but now a few of life's blessings have gotten in the way of that. She has 2 little girls (whom I adore) AND a full time job, so her time is limited. I hope one day we will live near enough to each other that we can have regular movie/pizza nights and the kids can play with each other after church. sigh!!

I love this beautiful girl and her incredible lil family. I love when one of my kids moves or talks or laughs in such a way that is so much like her. And this happens more often than you might think. Sammy has this snorty laugh that is sooooo Jenny. And Thea has many of her mannerisms.

I love her honesty and vulnerability. I love her radiant beauty. I love her sense of humor and her sensitive, compassionate heart.

I just love HER!!!

The funny thing about this post is that she will likely never read it. She never checks my blog.

4 comments:

Jerusha said...

I love her too, just from one summer with her.

The Queen said...

That is a cute picture of you both. Gina, do you have a thing with feather boas?

Gina said...

No, although they are regularly forced upon me. This was our cousin's bachelorette party.

Anonymous said...

She's good one to LOVE!! Amina

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.