I LOVE cheesy Christmas movies. You know, the kind that are on Lifetime all the time. Mostly different versions of a Christmas Carol. Soooo fun. And yet, sometimes painful. I also love the classics. Can't watch this one enough. This fast became a favorite. It is rare that a movie makes me laugh out loud, but it gets me every time. I can honestly watch my ALL TIME FAVORITE over and over and over again. They have 24 hour marathons of it every Christmas season and if time permitted I would sit all day enjoying Ralphie and his brother eating the same meal every night. With great anticipation, I would watch the dad open his prize package as if I didn't know what was inside. I feel like part of the family as "we" decorate the tree and open presents on Christmas morning. The wrapping reminds me of my childhood Christmases. Did anyone else's mom wrap gifts in the comic section of the newspaper? And the grand finale.... who doesn't love the best rendition EVER of Deck the Halls sung by the Asian staff at the restaurant? Oh the joy it brings. FAH RAHRAHRAHRAH RAHRAH RAH RAAAAAAAAAHHH!
But here is one classic that I just can't get into. I've tried, but no dice!
What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.
6 comments:
one of my favorites is White Christmas!!!! Also, I love Christmas Vacation. I can honestly say I have never watched from start to finish It's a Wonderful Life. I need to. I've only seen parts here and there. I wish we could watch them together and have a girl night!! Wanna sleep over???
I always forget to sign it....
Diana
How crazy that I posted about Christmas movies 3 days after you did! I just read this today!
I'm sure you'll read mine so I won't tell you my favorites again. Oh, and try the new version of Miracle on 34th. I like it much better than the old one.
Um..I need to clarify something...we only used comic strip newspaper to wrap birthday presents...we did have real christmas wrap....then eventually moved on to gift bags "exclusively"
I love Charlie Brown Christmas shows, the episodes that aired last week refrenced the Bible..cool huh?..I want to come to Diana's sleep over.
I love Chevy Chase...he is my dad, seriously. As for Christmas movies, I am even worse than you. I like the cheesy, made for TV, movies. Like the one with the kid who wants to buy his mom new shoes for Christmas before she dies...or is that a song? Rudolph makes me know its Christmas time...but I really do love...our family videos from each Christmas. I cry with laughter every year. Also, we only used the comics for birthdays as well. Did any one elses mom wrap the presents and then forget who they were for...oh dear.
-jill
AV, did mom do that? Oh dear is right.
Post a Comment