



That is my motto as of late. Things are going well. Sadie Ann is fitting in quite nicely. It takes a little longer to get out of the house in the morning and I am getting up 2 times a night, but other than that life is good. It has been and will continue to be a gradual adjustment.
When we returned from the hospital, Mike was home with us for an entire week. It was sublime. He took such great care of me and the kids. And kept up with the household stuff. We made a pretty fierce team. My sister and childhood friend came that Sunday, so when Mike went back to work, I had their help for 2 days. It was a lot of fun besides the help. They left Tuesday afternoon. But Tuesday evening my friend SS came over. She comes over most Tuesdays and is familiar with our routine, so SHE was a great help as well. On Wednesday J and M took Sammy and Thea for the morning and I was able to get some laundry and paperwork done in peace. Thursday was the first day I was on my own. Sadie was 2 weeks old by then. What a blessing to have so much help for so long. I actually got all 3 kids out of the house that day and took a ride to camp. I have gotten out almost everyday since. It does us all some good to be out in the morning. Another unbelievable source of help has been in the form of food. 3 weeks and people are still giving us meals. I even have some in the freezer. Thank you Belcroft Body and SPEP Mops!
Now Sadie is 3 weeks old and we are enjoying getting to know her. We still don't know who she most resembles, but she sure is cute. She loves to be held but is becoming more content and aware each day. Her favorite spot (besides my arms) is her changing table. Sammy loved it on there too. She has a similar disposition as Sammy at this age.
Sammy is a great big brother and just can't help but kiss her EVERY chance he gets. Thea is doing better each day with not smothering her. She loves her sister too and is doing a great job being gentle. Whenever we are out and about and anyone walks up to us she just announces "Sadie" whether they asked about her or not.
So here we are. Our little Sadie Ann is 3 weeks old and life is sweeter than ever. I have more blessings to count than ever. More moments of sheer gratefulness for ALL that God has given to our lil family. And more LAUNDRY than can ever be conquered.
I must go now for it is Sadie's fussy time and will only settle by being held. Typing with one hand is NO FUN!
More later!
6 comments:
I really hope to get to know you better this summer. I think I heard your coming to Suzanne's Bible Study?! Seems our worlds are VERY similar.. with 3 little ones and loads of unwashed laundry to blog about! Enjoy your kiddos, they are super cute!! -Crystal
How awesome! They are all adorable and I'm so glad to hear that things are going so smoothly!
glad to hear things are going well!!!! Miss talking!
Di
Welcome back to blogging life...we missed you, but understand...
Mike is a natural Dad.
Sammy is so cute.
Thea.....well Thea.(cookoo)
Don't know who Sadie resembles the most either. But she is very scrumptous.
And you are a very good Mom!!
xoxoxo Amina
AWWWWW! What great pictures of your family.
Post a Comment