One week from this moment, we should be checking into the hospital. I will be starving and Mike will be noshing on some yummy bagel and coffee. The c is scheduled for 10:30 am, so if all goes as expected, I should be out of recovery and in my room by noon. That's if I don't go into labor before then. I think I have been having minor contractions at night. But I have no idea, since I never felt them before. I am really ready and am looking forward to being fully mobile again. I cannot wait to see who she looks like and how she will fit into the madness around here. Mike and I seriously laugh more and more and harder and harder at our 2 already and I asked him the other night,
"How did we get such crazy kids? Do you think this one will be "normal" or just as crazy?"
We're hoping for cRaZy.
Anyways.....
Here is a list of things that we need to get done before the arrival.
1. Bring in pack and play and tub from garage.
2. Set up pack and play (baby's bed/changing table)
3. Put together stroller. We got a Sit and Stand since it is more practical on a day to day basis.
4. Prepare bottles and nukkies.
5. Rearrange car seats and put baby's in the car.
6. Pack bags, mine, Sammy's and Thea's. Whew.
7. Finish organizing/clearing out laundry room (has nothing to do with baby).
I have really been "nesting" this time around. I cannot open a closet or a drawer without reorganizing it and clearing out. Ahhh, but it feels so good. I think organizing is my drug of choice. And I need to keep busy, so the days go by quickly.
For those of you who don't know Sammy has named the baby Puda. He really thinks this will be her name, despite my efforts to gently tell him otherwise. Thea has even started calling her that.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.

9 comments:
Have you TRULY tried yet to make your kids embrace, "thammy"? I like it so much better than Puda.
Seriously, sammy....what a dumb name.
J-Lo
Don't you have a pool to open or something?
When your done with your house you can organize mine. :) Isn't it funny- I think I had the pack n play set up and baby clothes washed and bottles bought when I was about 6 months pregnant with Sabrina. A lot of that didn't get done until after Sarah came along. I blame it on her being late. Did I use my extra days being overdue with Sarah to get any of that done? No, I sat around and complained A LOT. That picture of you all is so cute!
Miss you friend. I'll be praying for your delivery and transition home.
PPLLEEAASSEE come to my house and organize for me....I need you! I'm going crazy.
Oh, I hate that I won't see that little, sweet face for almost 2 months...Can I say, "that sucks" on here?
DS
Wait-
do you have a blog?
I KNEW IT!!!
yyyeeeaaahhh!!! we will be praying for a smooth c-section and recovery for you! this little girl is so blessed to be born into such a fun and spunky family!
I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet this new little one. I'll be praying for you and the family. I hope you get everything done. It sounds like you have a long list!
I want to see a belly shot before you have this baby. Take a quick one today (no skin:)) so that I can see how cute you are!!!
Post a Comment