
Although I am well deserving of it, please do not nominate me for the "Worst Blogger" Award. I could give a list of excuses, but I won't. But I WILL share some words that have greatly challenged and encouraged me this week.
I have been part of a weekly Beth Moore Bible study for the last few months and, as always with Beth Moore, it has been incredible. She ends the study with this creed;
The Commission to Faith
Lord, today I accept my calling
not to perfection or performance.
My calling is to faith.
I have been chosen for this generation.
I have a place in the heritage of faith.
I'm going to stop wishing and whining
and start believing and receiving.
What Your Word says is mine.
I won't let others steal my hope.
I won't argue with a pharisee.
I will believe and therefore speak,
for YOU my GOD are HUGE.
Nothing is too hard for YOU.
Our world needs your wonders.
Rise up, oh Lord!
Please renew your works in our day.
I confess the unbelief of my generation
and ask You to begin Your revival of faith
in my own heart.
For You are who You say You are.
You can do what You say You can do.
I am who You say I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
Your Word is alive and active in me.
Satan, hear me clearly:
MY FATHER is MAKER of Heaven and Earth.
You are under my feet,
because today and the rest of my days,
I'm believing God!!!!
Lord, today I accept my calling
not to perfection or performance.
My calling is to faith.
I have been chosen for this generation.
I have a place in the heritage of faith.
I'm going to stop wishing and whining
and start believing and receiving.
What Your Word says is mine.
I won't let others steal my hope.
I won't argue with a pharisee.
I will believe and therefore speak,
for YOU my GOD are HUGE.
Nothing is too hard for YOU.
Our world needs your wonders.
Rise up, oh Lord!
Please renew your works in our day.
I confess the unbelief of my generation
and ask You to begin Your revival of faith
in my own heart.
For You are who You say You are.
You can do what You say You can do.
I am who You say I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
Your Word is alive and active in me.
Satan, hear me clearly:
MY FATHER is MAKER of Heaven and Earth.
You are under my feet,
because today and the rest of my days,
I'm believing God!!!!
8 comments:
you look nervous in that picture. was the hand rubbing your behind or something? lol
love cousin jodi
It was very slippery. I couldn't get a good grip.
Hi Gina! I LOVE your blog! Stop being so hard on yourself. Remember your phrase???? It'll do, right? I think it is encouraging and I love reading all your insights into your life. Especially since the times I have to spend with you are always passing moments in the hallways or on the phone with usually someone screaming in the background! Thanks for keeping it up.
I love the 5 things about God!! She points out in that study, You have reminded me to recite those words daily.....and it will help!!
Amina
ooooh, and you got all fancy with a new background! I wasn't going to complain to you that you hadn't updated in awhile, but I'm glad you did! Now you just need to get a some cute pictures of your family on the side! :)
okay, your post was beautiful.
but STOP.IT. this blog has been taken to a new level. i want a lovely blog background as well...
i love the new look..
cousin joid
i think i would win the award for the worst blogger and i think you would agree!!
Post a Comment