Wednesday, February 20, 2008

8 Days and Counting!

I can hardly wait. I am taking a trip in 8 days with 3 of my favorite women on earth, to meet 2 or 3 (not sure about B yet) more of my favorite women on earth (some featured above, minus the wee one). And I get to spend 3 whole days with them while Daddy takes care of the kids. Doing all kinds of fun things including, going to a concert, eating, getting manicures, eating, just hanging, being able to have uninterrupted conversations, eating, sleeping in and oh yeah being a part of my precious AB's wedding. I can't let myself think about that too much for fear of uncontrollable tears. I am filled to overflowing with emotion about this one. So happy, but such a lame word to use.
These are the moments in life that make me realize how truly blessed I am. When I say I love these girls, I mean I believe their friendship to be utterly priceless. I have learned so very much in such different ways from each of them. They have seen me at my worst and somehow manage to like me anyway, well at least they pretend to. Each one has an intimate, personal and unique relationship with Jesus that has inspired me at many times over the last 12 years. What a privilege to be blessed with such powerful friendships.
Thanks Girls for who you are and what you mean to me!
Now lets get this party started.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are all "lookin good Mr. Carta" in that pic. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Anonymous said...

I just got chills, Gina. and I bet you didn't even know I read your blog=)

RCQ

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either Gi! So how many trips does this make it with our crew when someone has been preggers??? Well there's FL (Di was prego) Brighton, London, Edinbourgh, that other place in Scotland, Loch Ness, now GA. Did I miss any?
Shay

Anonymous said...

shay forgot one. In the picture (from this post) at the cabin I am pregnant.

Di

cottage girl said...

Ditto, G. Bring on the party! And the laughter!

Anonymous said...

wait a second...

YOU HAVE A BLOG???
:)

J-lo

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.