I had high hopes for a peaceful Friday night. Mike had to work, so I made a mish mosh dinner of frozen pizza and empty-the-fridge left-overs. My friend ShSh came over and I was really looking forward to putting the kids down and catching up with her. We sat down to dinner and not 30 seconds passed when Thea pointed proudly to her mixed vegetables saying "this, nose". Do you get where this is going?
Thea did you put something up your nose?
Yes. (big smile)
I take look. Sure enough a bright green pea placed just beyond reach. I tried everything. Nothing. I call Mike. He needs to come home. An hour of home-spun procedures ensues, complete with tweezers, a toothpick, a booger-getter-thingy, a flashlight, all 3 of us adults trying to restrain her, Sammy bringing in his doctor kit to help and much crying and carrying on. Oh yeah and laughing too. Finally we surrender and I take her in to Nighttime Pediatrics where Mike and I hoped the "trauma" would continue, so she will STOP PUTTING FOOD UP HER NOSE. Mike went back to work and thankfully ShSh was there and willing to stay home with Sammy. After waiting over an hour, the doctor came in to see her. You would think she was getting a spa treatment for how calm she was. She was the most docile I had ever seen her. The pea was removed without one objection or complaint.
Thanks a lot Doc.
I had clearly expressed our desire for a bonified traumatic experience. She had already received a balloon which helped the situation tremendously.
As I drove home, Thea in the back with not only her balloon but one for Brother too, it occurred to me that she had just experienced a carnival-type adventure. A room full of toys and some other kids to play with, balloons and fun people giving her lots of attention. Why shouldn't she stick things up her nose ALL the time?
The only solution I can think of is putting tape over her nostrils at each meal.
Any other ideas?
Sorry I don't have a picture. We took video of Mike sucking her nose though. That is some priceless footage especially since he only dislodged snot!
Yummy!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.
4 comments:
Yeah Tape..that's the ticket!...Yeah Duct tape!! That'll work.
The comment above is me but for some reason i had to resubscribe...
that's hilarious. I thought you went to NY?
Di
It was an honor to see the whole event in person! LOve you GIGI...and your nose obsessed daugher! ShayShay
Post a Comment