
So there has been a lot of stuff going on around here whether it be parties, purchases or decisions regarding the future. So here's a little taste of our life.
Appliances
The house that will hopefully be ours this summer comes with a dishwasher and oven, but we need to provide the fridge and washer/dryer. We decided we were not going to buy new unless we got an amazing deal or a scratch and dent situation. Well, a few weeks ago we purchased a scratch and dent fridge for about 1/2 the retail price. WooHoo! It looks like stainless steel but is actually something they call Clean steel.
Pretty exciting.
But not nearly as exciting as our washer dryer "purchase". So Mike has been working on this master bathroom for about 3 weeks. These homeowners happen to have their washer and dryer in the master bath, so they decided to purchase new ones for their new bathroom. Mike mentioned that their old set was in pretty good condition, so I said see if they are interested in selling them to us. He called me a few days later and told me to look up what a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer cost. Well the washer costs about $1500 and the dryer $1100-$1300. We also found out that Whirlpool only started making them about 4 or 5 years ago, so they are not old at all. The homeowners are also older with no kids at home, business people who get a lot of their clothes dry cleaned. So not much wear and tear on the w&d. Long story, not-so-short. We decided that even 1000 bucks would be a steal.
The price they gave us....... drum roll please........
FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!!
Couldn't believe it. Praising the Lord for His many provisions. Truly feeling blessed.
Jobs
Mike is sending resumes and has gotten some calls. Please pray. This could be a stressful process, but I am convinced God has all the details worked out and we need to trust and walk as He leads.
In a more-often-as-of-late state of insomnia I decided, at 5am, I will start pursuing my party planning/wedding coordinating business more seriously when we get down to NC. The name will be Wedding Perfection, though it will include all types of parties. I like this idea since I can choose how much or how little work I will/can take. I am excited and hope to start with coordinating 2-3 weddings a month and moving up from there.
General Grooming
I desperately need a haircut/color. Hint Hint AV.
Harley needs a haircut too.
Mike bought new clippers for the male half of the family so things are under control there. Well they will be tonight after he gives Sammy and himself a cut.
Got my eyebrows did Saturday. Leslie is a genius!
Thea pooped in the tub a few nights ago. NOT FUN!!!
Exercise
After sharing with my doctor that my back is KILLING me and I need some sort of relief, he calmly looked at me and asked "How much are you walking?" Which I very well knew meant "Get off your butt and get moving." You see, he is HUGE on walking 2 miles a day 5 days a week. He says it makes a huge difference in pregnancy and recovery. I have very valid reasons for not walking these days and I knew he would not care to hear them, so I just sheepishly took his gentle reprimand. A good friend has since taken me under her wing and we walk 3 mornings a week in her neighborhood. And I must say, it feels good. Hard but good.
Mike and I were walking thru the mall and he spotted a poster of a shirtless 20-something Abercrombie model.
He asked "How long do you think it would take me to look like him?"
My reply "One month of working out EVERY day and eating ridiculously right."
His response "Yeah right. No way. Look at that guy. But I will start on Monday."
I replied "I said you could do it IF you worked out every day. No way will you work out every day. We kinda have a busy life."
His answer "I start Monday." He proceeded to make a friendly wager, kind of with himself because I really don't believe he has the time to devote to this transformation. I would say I'll keep you updated but I'm pretty sure it won't last more than a few days.
Besides, I like him just the way he is.
2 comments:
We have those washers too!!! But we didn't get them for free...The dryer is amazing. The washer can be very fickle...but call me if you run into any problems. My dad and I took out the CCU board and fixed ours...I am sure you won't have any problems! Make sure you use the detergent that goes with it and not the regular stuff, like I was doing. Plus, I have heard those fridges are better than stainless steel because you can put magnets on them and they don't show handprints like stainless steel...Sorry to act like the know-it-all on kitchen appliances, but I jsut get REALLY excited about them. You guys scored! Way to go with walking too...
No, thanks for the advice. It's nice to hear someone even cares because we are pretty excited. What's a CCU board? Yeah the lady at Sears told us to use the detergent. I'm glad to hear it again because I was wondering if it was just a marketing gimmic.
Still waiting for a post on Napping Time!
Post a Comment