
So things around here are tough at the moment. I have 3 very small people with very BIG and constant "needs". There are only 24 hours in the day and I have only 2 hands and a limited supply of patience. But Sammy innocently FORCED me to remember something of ultimate importance yesterday. It was lunch time and I was at my wits end as my little lovelies are not into obeying AT ALL right now. I seriously never could have imagined how many times I would have to repeat a simple direction in a day and still not get cooperation. I was getting peanut butter and jelly out of the fridge while shooing Thea (aka my shadow) out of the way and Sammy asked me to sing the song I had sung to him earlier. I stood there frozen considering how I could bring myself to sing words that were completely opposite of my attitude and behavior. But I recognized this opportunity as a gentle nudge from God to humble myself and get my focus right. The song goes as follows.
I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart.
Where?
Down in my heart.
I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart to stay.
And I'm so happy so very happy I've got the love of Jesus in my heart.
And I'm so happy so very happy I've got the love of Jesus in my heart.
Another verse is
I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart.
Where?
And so on and so forth.
I sang those words and prayed that God would make them true. If you think of me at all, please pray for our family. Pray that I would have patience and grace with my kids and my husband. That I will get back in the Word so that I will have the tools necessary to have victory over fatigue and frustration. I long to be an obedient child of God, a supportive and loving wife and a patient and attentive mother.
I cling to the promise that His grace covers a multitude of sins (and I mean multitude) and that he is not finished with me yet. Oh I have so far to go........................
11 comments:
I know that you are a doing a great job with your kids, no question about that! It's hard to humble yourself in those types of situations but the fact you did, even if it was singing a simple song, speaks volumes to your name. I will be praying for you in this "transition" time and praying for Mike and the three little ones!
I hear you, sister! It's not tough being a mom- but it sounds like you are doing a great job and that His Grace is coming through, even when you don't realize it!
Funny.....how HE always shows up when you need Him the most.
Cherish every single moment,with those lil poopy heads, it goes oh so fast. Love you my sister.
Thanks you guys!
Wow it takes a strong woman to be able to sing those words in the midst of all that! Whew!
WOW! Praise the Lord for he took you to the "ROCK" that is higher than you.
"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my hearth grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2 NIV
Love MAU.
Thanks for the Word of encouragement.
And what is also funny is that verse/idea is totally in line with our Bible Study this summer. So cool.
hey, check out 2 Cor. 12:9-10 and Col 4:6. I've been clinging to these verses this past week. No one ever told us motherhood was so hard...argghh.
When you are able to, call me. Wanted to run some days by you that we wanted to plan on seeing the family when we are there. We'll be there in about a week!!
Di
Yeah! And what is amazing to me is how God’s word meets me where I am every time.
See ya!
Post a Comment