Monday, October 27, 2008

Poor Lil' Sadie.

For those of you keeping track, you know I am WAY behind on Sadie's monthly photo post. But here it is.
So, our Sadie is almost 6 months old and here are her 5 month photos.

We sure are enjoying loving and cuddling our little Sadie. When she smiles, she smiles with all she has. Her grin takes up her whole face and she shakes her arms and legs and it is impossible not to smile back. She has truly been a joy to me and I am so thankful to have her.


Sadie is eating all kinds of fruits and veggies. She is by far our biggest eater. She is downing 8 ounce bottles and eating 3 square meals a day. She drools like she may be cutting 8 teeth, but there are none to be seen. Seriously, her shirts are soaked after about 30 minutes of wear. And when I say soaked I mean, held under the faucet soaked. Its pretty incredible.

She ABSOLUTELY loves her brother and sister. When they walk into the room she just lights up. She cannot stand being left alone in a room. She has to be in the middle of the action and it is clear that she can't wait to be able to run around with them. She intently watches their every move.
She has been enjoying her exersaucer. I can't believe she is big enough to be in one, but it is nice to have another option for placement.
Sadie can now roll over from belly to back and when she does it in her crib, she is none too happy. At first, she just cried and cried and at all hours of the night I had to roll her back. Now when she does it she has this very distinct squeal that lets me know she needs to be rolled back. And if she does it while asleep, it no longer wakes her up. Praise the Lord.
She loves her Daddy and when she hears his voice, she will twist and squirm until she has him in her sight. She likes to sit on his lap for dinner. Probably because he sneaks her little crumbs of this and that while Mommy's back is turned.

My lack of posting is accompanied by less FB activity and less computer use in general, which has made for a cleaner house, happier kids and a more peaceful me. I can get very caught up in the computer world and neglect the life around me. It's all about balance and I have been trying to keep the scale tipped in the appropriate direction.

10 comments:

The Tates said...

I had to look back at an older post to see how much she has grown! She looks so long with those legs hanging out of her robe. Six months is so fun!

Don't worry about the pictures...I have none of my childhood being number 6...and somehow I made it. What I do love is that my older siblings can tell me what I was like when I was little since my mom says we all seemed to blend together.

Hope all is well in your world!
Happy Halloween from us.

Anonymous said...

I feel like Little Miss Sadie has grown up since I saw her in September....My oh my what a difference a month makes in infant time!! I love her and miss her soooo much (crying):(
She is so precious!!

Gina said...

A- I love that your mom says you all blended together. That's classic. I only have 3 and they are like a smoothie. HAH!
Miss you friend. Give that lil' Bamm Bamm a hug from me.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she has grown up since I saw this summer at BS. What a cutie! Don't you just love it when your kids delight in each other, one of the true joys of parenting!

The Queen said...

8 oz bottles?! That is ALOT of milk! Go Sadie, Go!

Anonymous said...

her legs are so long. shes gonna be tall like her daddy and sammy. i think thea got the "short" end of the stick. lol.
love cousin jodi

The Perreca Family said...

She is such a cutie! I love how the younger siblings adore the older ones! Alden is the same way with Addie and his Daddy- 100% Fan!

tp said...

my aunt used to prop me up on blankets and stuff for photo shoots when I was a baby too. It made me smile :) Also, Love the pumpkin patch pictures!

Diana said...

she's so beautiful. I also noticed how long her legs are. What a cutie! You got me excited about our third coming in 3 weeks!!! Yikes.

Edie said...

Sadie also seems tall. Isn't it so much fun watching them grow. I'm really loving it! Mya still hasn't rolled over - she just turned 5 months...so I'm somewhat patiently waiting.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.