
That, my friends is my new life motto.
It all started one afternoon as I decided it was high time I clean my kitchen floor, one way or another. I had purchased a Swiffer mop thingy a while ago and have not been impressed in the least, so I rarely use it. Not the kind that shoots the cleaner out, just the wet pads that get black after 2 pushes.
A little background to my floor cleaning philosophy. I HATE MOPPING!!!! I think it a huge waste of time since you virtually end up pushing wet dirt around the whole time. So, I usually (pre-mother-of-3) got on my hands and knees and scrubbed every square inch of any hard floor I had. Those days are long gone. The problem is, I am a perfectionist which is not good because, in most cases, if I don't feel something can get done correctly, I don't do it at all.
YUCK!
Flash back to dirty kitchen floor one afternoon. Don't even want to know how long it had been since I cleaned my kitchen floor. And it doesn't help that our kitchen tile is probably the busiest pattern ever created, thus hiding dirt REALLY well. It always looks dirty even when it is clean. Beware mothers of crawling babies. Although, once Sadie starts crawling, I will probably be more consistent. Anyways, dirty floor.......needs to be cleaned....no time for perfectionism........Swiffer mop thingy....It'll do. I decide I would Swiffer. I would Swiffer and I would just have to deal with it. It really is easy and I just decide I would do it more often and change the pad a few more times in one mopping to make up for its lack of efficiency.
But the story doesn't stop there. I have adopted this outlook in many areas of my life these days and it has helped this perfectionist make great strides.
Thea's hair looks like one of those troll pencils....but she is dressed and shoes are on the right feet....it'll do!
Dinner is Chicken Pot Pie AGAIN.....it'll do.
Van is emptied of junk and vacuumed but not wiped down........it'll do.
Toys are all over the floor in the kids' rooms, but NOT out in the living room........it'll do.
Books are all disheveled but on the bookshelves.....it'll do.
Sammy got dressed by himself, pants on backwards........it'll do.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the 4th day in a row.....it'll do.
Jarred sauce.....dare I say?.................
17 comments:
noooo.... not jarred suace!! you can't!!
oh, Gi. You are speaking my language. I was just emailing someone from my church (who was encouraging me about the same thing). And God has really been showing me to not sweat the small stuff. Jake's underwear is backwards most of the time, but he could care less. So, mommy doesn't care. Why can't we live by each other....shhh, don't tell, but jar sauce makes it to my pantry sometimes. Even Micki uses it for her pizza. Once I saw that, I was ok.
Okay Ladies Enough talk about the Jar sauce!!! that's one thing that just won't do..why don't you both move by me and I will make it for ya's at least once a week. and by the way...there is a light at the end of your tunnel!!! enjoy every second of it, before you know it,those precious little poopy heads that occupy every waking minute of you time now, will have soon have no teeth in their heads, and big ones will replace them!!
I love that motto! I figure if my kids are clothed, happy and fed, I'm happy. Who cares if the clothes are on properly, if they are eating the same thing for the umpteenth time! God has called me to love my kids- and that is a tall order some days!
On a totally different note- I found a great mop- it's made of mico-fiber- looks like a towel. It holds a TON of dirt and my floors are much cleaner when I'm done mopping! Granted, I have to vaccum 1st, then mop- but it looks so nice after I'm done, it almost makes it worth it!
G- nice to finally hear from you on here.
D- No, not Micki!
A-Send it on down sista!
L- What's the name of the mop?
Oh and A, big ones meaning teeth or kids?
Hey, i've commented before!
Oh yeah. Now I remember. Have fun in AZ. My dad has time share there too!
I am learning so much from you mothers of more than one. I am so glad to hear that someone else gets (or got)down on their knees to do the hardwood. Only problem is that 70% of our house is hardwood. Let's just say the ole volleyball pads come in handy. Until #2 decides to come about, I will continue on my knees...
Finally! I know the story! Sorry today didn't work. I DID laugh when I got your message, and it was great- I really needed a laugh about then. :)
Thanks Gina for the stories and great pictures. We had such a great weekend too!
OH by the way??? How do I adopt real Italian relatives who will make sauce for me all the time?
If you move by my sister, apparently she will make it for you every week!
Oh and we still owe you a pasta dinner. It is on my menu for sometime this week. I will call you if our schedules can be worked out.
RIGHT!!! You Have To come Here!!
I do not Ship!! They are Meatballs not Eballs....Get it? (EBAY)
It's Late!!
Gina,
I feel your swiffer frustration. A friend tole me to stick the swiffer thing(not the dusting ones but the wet ones) under the faucet (while it's still on the pole) after it gets dirty, rinse it off quick and go back to finishing the job. They sell floor cleaner in a easy squirt bottle that I use after I rinse it off so it's more than just water being pushed around.
Oooh. I like it. Never thought of wetting it. Glad to hear from you.
I just checked back at this post. G-your pretty poplular. 16 comments. I think that's a record.
A - I make sauce plenty. thank you very much and i know your sis is getting better at making it more. Sometimes jar comes in handy, especially with pizza. But after baby #3 comes, maybe I'll move by you for a while. You can be my nanny and make me sauce.
Anyone else, sauce is easy once you do it a few times. Ask for the recipe if you'd like.
Post a Comment