Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Punkin' Patch

We went to a local farm that is a pumpkin patch at this time of year. This is a pretty unique place. As you walk thru the paths to find a pumpkin, you are surrounded by the beauty of fields of sunflowers. For me, it is quite breathtaking. The kids were really excited. Sammy just ran and ran and ran. And Thea, well, she sat in the wagon most of the time.

Thea trying to pull Daddy in the wagon! Didn't get very far until........


Sammy came to help. He is actually pushing the wagon up a hill. We were pretty impressed.

Princess Thea in the wagon while the rest of us searched for the perfect pumpkin for carving at Maddy's birthday party.

Random green pumkins that the kids found????


They are getting much better at posing for pictures. They are just not allowed to say cheese, since it makes the wee one cry. It's tough, but they've caught on.

Yet another family pic. We are on a roll baby! Hate how I look in it, but it's all about the memories right?
After the patch, we headed to Maddy's "First Birthday Party". It was more like a Halloween Party. Just kidding Jen. The party was at night, and the pumpkins were carved and lit. Then Neal placed them all around camp and took the kids (and adults) on a hay ride. He drove passed all of them. It was a really cool sight. Mike did a great job carving ours. It was our first family jack-o-lantern.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics, G. The one with Thea in the wagon among the sunflowers... beautiful!

The Perreca Family said...

Awesome pics!! What a fun place!!

The Queen said...

Hi Gina,
I think it is a great picture of you! I even blew it up large to see. :) Wow- I am SO jealous about the family picture thing!!! Maybe I will just take one of your pictures and photo shop our heads in.

Julie said...

Where is this? I love the sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Joseph and Amina, we love the pictures!! and Joseph says he would love to do that too with you guys.....Love Jofis and Gianna and Amina...Looks like youor bod's starting to smoke, am I allowed to say that?

Diana said...

I miss the pumpkin patches there. GA has no cool ones that I have found yet. At least within driving distance for us. We got ours off the side of the road at a stand. A couple of days after we got them, we passed the place again and Jake said "Look mom, it's pumpkin day again". It was cute.

Anonymous said...

jofis.. lol. gina i remember you used to call my brother that when we were kids. great pics, looks like so much fun.
love cousin jodi

Anonymous said...

I love that family pic, with the sunflowers behind you and the pumpkin in hand. Beautiful! That looks like an awesome farm.... is it close? Maybe IRL you can tell me the location, I'd love to take my crew!

Edie said...

your pics look awesome..

how do I write back to you on my own site?
And from my site....yes, she is in a high percentile for height (90th or so).

Edie said...

your pics look awesome..

how do I write back to you on my own site?
And from my site....yes, she is in a high percentile for height (90th or so).

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.