Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Entertaining....

and thought-provoking. I enjoyed this because I have been thinking about a couple things lately. One, what are my temptations. In High School they were so obvious... drinking, cursing, being disrespectful to authority. The list goes on. But lately I realized I have not given enough attention to the temptations that beset me daily. I am struggling lately with the temptation to let my temper get the best of me. I need to use the same weapon the Jesus used when He was tempted and that is Scripture. I realize my need to memorize, meditate on and seek understanding of it. I truly believe their is immeasurable power in those disciplines. Another thing I have been challenged by is the question; for whom do I live each day. It would seem, ME, first of all, of course then for my children and then for Mike. Consequently, these are the very people from whom I seek acceptance and gratitude. Does it get more screwed up than that? First of all I am impossible to please, and I should not be serving for the purpose of ANY gratitude. I should be living and serving for an audience of ONE. The ONE. I need to seek Him in the morning so that I am not living without "rhyme or reason" as these girls sang. I have a purpose and all the little daily things are a significant part of it.
I am having a hard time each day feeling like my work as a mom all gets erased every time I lose my patience. Which incidentally happens more often now that I am pregnant. Having 2 toddlers is more work than I could have ever imagined and I never wanted to be successful at ANYTHING more than being a mom. So all this to say, if you pray for me, please pray for patience in my home. Pray that I will stop and pray each time I am tempted to let my temper flare and that I will live for an audience of One, seeking His approval and no one else's.
God is so good and I am so thankful to be a child of His. How do people do it outside of His grace?

No comments:

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.