Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Magic Nose Trick


The above photo does not represent the following incident. This is just typical Thea at all meal times.
So........ Mike and Thea were hangin out last week, Thea eating raisins. Mike told me later that she was walking around pointing at and saying nose. He could tell she was trying to tell him something and she seemed uncomfortable. He suspected she had stuck a raisin up her nose. So he began the process of trying to dislodge the could-be raisin. No success! Well eventually she sneezed and out "flew" the raisin. Upon sharing this story with someone, they told Mike a trick to get stuck-in-the-nose-food dislodged. You simply plug the unobstructed nostril and blow through their mouth. Well, LAST night, Thea was spreading chicken pot pie all over her face as we repeatedly told her "no, no, no". She then began pointing to her nose and saying nose (which, by the way is soooo cute"). It occurred to us, the detectives we are, that there was food up there. So Mike executed the trick and out flew a huge chunk of chicken. It was AMAZING. It all happened so fast. I didn't even know he was doing it. I was giddy with excitement because it was sooooo funny. Now, I know food stuck up the nose is a serious thing. It can cause infection and all, but if this ever happens to you, you will laugh too........ just remember the trick.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such good advice for me. What is the deal with your daughter and her nose? And why do you guys live all the way over there?

Jill

Anonymous said...

that's so funny. She's so stinken cute. Where was Uncle Chase to police her???

Diana

Gina said...

Yeah, we like her a lot. But, I think we may be in for some adventurous trouble ahead. Jill, please come back.

Anonymous said...

that pic of thea is from the beach...how fun

di

The Perreca Family said...

Wow- scary, sick and very educational, all at the same time! I will keep that in mind when Addie and Alden put things up their noses- I know my days are numbered before that happens...

Anonymous said...

For those of you that are wondering why Thea is excipiting such behavior,I will explain.Have you ever heard the old saying, LIKE GRADNFATHER LIKE GRANDAUGHTER? Well Grandpa Ferdie is known for stickin an olive pit or 2 up there as a youngin too.....old family favorite!
Mystery solved......

Gina said...

I almost dedicated this post to him.

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha...good one, Gina. (I just can't stop picturing your dad with two olives up his nose.)

Jill

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.