Thursday, August 28, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes


I took this picture (above) last year during a visit to NY. I came across it a few weeks ago and I just couldn't believe how much the kids have grown and changed. Not only Sammy and Thea, but my niece and nephew look so much older each time I see them. Just another reminder of how quickly the time flies.

When we were up this summer I wanted to get a comparative picture (below) for proof of the changes.
Wow.

I can't believe Gianna is 6 and she is starting 1st grade. It seems like yesterday that I got the call from my mom in the middle of the night telling me that she had been born. I can still hear her voice as she proudly told me her name. Gianna Dorothy!

Joseph is starting kindergarten! What in the world!? Simply put, that just blows my mind.

If nothing else, Thea has grown a ton of hair. It is hard for me to recall the days before she was my chattering little curly-Q. I can't imagine how quiet this home was before the little chatter box started to share her opinion of the world around her.

Sammy is turning into a full fledged BOY who keeps me on my toes in so many ways. Mike and I are amazed each day at how much he is growing. He starts preschool on Tuesday. I am so excited to see how he does.

And of course, the biggest change.... the addition of our little Sadie. I do believe though, she was a kidney bean, (hmmm maybe a pea) in my belly at the time of this picture :)

The other little girl is a neighbor. She has changed over the year too!

3 comments:

Edie said...

They are just so adorable!!
Thanks for introducing me to blogging! I love reading yours:)

Anonymous said...

My My how things what a difference a year makes......Amina

Unknown said...

The three of us commented at 7:40 this morning... I think we're addicted.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.