I had sooooo many pictures of Sammy it is borderline insanity. Not only do I have a ridiculous amount of pictures, a lot of them are pretty much identical to one another. I didn't have a digital camera until he was almost 2 so I had to be certain I got a good shot. I realized how pointless most of the pictures were while I was scrap booking his first year of life.
OK, here comes the shaft part. I don't have NEARLY as many pictures of Thea
(poor thing). Granted, I did have a digital by then, so I will cut myself some slack. But I can't know for sure how many less photos I actually have until I actual SCRAP BOOK her first year. Yup! She is 2 1/2 and I am up to her first few weeks of life in her book. I haven't worked on her book in over a year. Ask me how much guilt I carry about this. Go ahead ask. No don't. And most definitely don't ask me if I have even started Sadie's book. Or how many pictures I have of her. My stomach is in knots as I write these words. But you CAN ask:
"So, what is the first to which the title refers?"
Our First Family Photo
Our First Family Photo

Sadie is 4 months old and we just now have gotten around to taking a family photo. We squeezed it in between dinner and baths. I had good intentions. Especially on 4th of July. We have taken one for the last 2 years in the same spot downtown and I make everyone dress in red, white and blue (much to Mike's dismay). But this year was a wash.
I am ashamed to admit that the only reason this one was taken was for Sammy's "My Family" picture that he has to bring to preschool tomorrow. We do have a friend coming over some time in the Fall to take some shots. I plan to one day get the girls' scrap books completed and hope they will never be the wiser.
My girls may not be getting certain things that our firstborn got, but as I was snuggling Sadie, before the rest of the house was awake this morning I told her a little secret. I told her how amazed I am at how much I love her. I am continually amazed at how I, as their mom, have an inexplicable amount and depth of love for EACH one of them.
In my experience, having more kids has not caused me to have to stretch my love among all of them, it has multiplied the amount I have to give.
And it just keeps growing...........
8 comments:
don't even go there with me about scrap books...arggh. Jake's is a mish mosh and Maiella's has not even been thought of. But I did feel a little better when I found Jake's "baby book" (different than scrap book) and I actually did fill it out for most of his first year. Maiella doesn't even have one. Poor Schock baby #3. Hey, did I tell you we don't know what we're having? HA! I think you and Laura are the most bitter about that.
Such is life! At least the kids are bathed, fed and mostly happy! I have memories of my Mom working on my scrapbook- I have 4 3" binders for my 18 years. My 21 year old brother (kid #4) has yet to fill up a 1" binder.... Oh well- he's just happy someone took, printed, and then organzied a few pictures of him! At least you are enjoying your kids- that's the most important thing- at least to me it is!
You put way to much pressure on yourself. You can make them each a "Photo Album" when they graduate High school, and take it from me they will appreciate it!!
what they will remember the most is your Unconditional and Love that you have for them!! You know I'm right!! right?
Cute post... I can relate. I printed off birth announcements that my husband made on the computer with my first two... for my third I printed some off when she was 6 mths old and everyone already knew the details for the sole purpose of putting them in her scrapbook so years later she wouldn't think she was loved less and didn't have an announcement... then when I was working on her scrapbook for her first birthday I couldn't find the silly announcement!! (I just found it today when I FINALLY got my room cleaned) So... I totally relate... we do the best we can and that is all we can do. Love the picture though!!
I'm going to give Sammy an "Oldest child in the family" high five next time I see him! :)
I LOVE that picture. You guys look great.
I have a friend who is the oldest of 5 kids. Their family was sitting around and talking about their baby books, when the baby (she is 15 now) suddenly asked where her's was...The place got silent. Finally, the mom said that she never got around to it. So instead the entire family sat around and told their favorite story of the baby...You may not make a physical scrapbook for Sadie, but think of many more people of intimate memories of her than Sammy...she kinda wins.
Hey Gina...you have done such a wonderful job raising a beautiful family! I'm so happy for you!!! I hope life gives you and your family everything you ask! Tell Mike that I said Hi.
Love,
Bobby Eaton
So are you ready to scrapbook?
Post a Comment