Friday, July 18, 2008

Happiness & Hurts. The Fabric of Life


Happy Birthday Uncle Glenn!
Just wanted to give a shout out to a really great uncle. Whenever we are with you, we know we are loved by you. And we love you too! Thanks for being so cool.
Love,
Sammy and Thea
(Sadie looks forward to meeting you soon)



A window to my Heart;
I've been thinking a lot lately on the trials and difficulties of this world. I have several friends that are just plain in the thick of it. Whether they are walking through temptation, loss, or a loved one in bondage, my heart is heavy. When the ones I love are hurting I struggle with wanting to take their pain away. But I am constantly reminded lately of the beauty of pain. I've learned over the past 4 years that it is through these times that God's grace is more than enough.
I've learned that though this life is filled with pain, loss and disappointment,
God is good... oh so Good.
I've learned that to expect this life to go the way I want it to go is futile. To expect God to bless me on MY terms is so short-sighted. He has proven over and over that HE is way more competent in this area. And I am to trust.... simply trust. Oh yeah and obey.
I've learned that through the pain of these times, God does a mighty work in our hearts and lives. If we let Him. If we remain focused on us, and the circumstance as it relates to us, we will miss it though. We must focus on Him and how it relates to His glory and plan.
Ahh! I am hear to testify, there is peace in it. Peace in trusting and never, not for one minute, forgetting that God is who He says He is.
Creator
Father
Redeemer
Protector
So trust my dear friends. And know that I am trusting for you and bringing your hurts before the the King on His throne.
Exodus 34: 6-7
Yahweh-Yahweh is a compassionate and loving God, slow to anger and rich in faithful love and truth, maintaining faithful love to a thousand generations, forgiving wrongdoing, rebellion and sin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You.Is all I can say for now.
Your words encourage me more than you'll ever know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gina what a great reminder that the Lord has a plan, and those growing pains mean that I’m getting taller in the faith to his glory.

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.