we bought a house. My mind still has not grasped the idea, so I choose to leave it as a dream-like experience rather than a concrete reality. We still have to go through the 100 page contract over the phone with the sales rep and then it will be official, but for all intents and purposes, we bought a house.
Now, let me clarify. The house does not exist.... yet, though we do have an address. We are building a house and we don't actually close on it until it's completion, sometime in June or July. Preferably the latter given the expected arrival of baby #3 May 8th. Further clarification, no, Mike is NOT building it. KB Homes is building it in Cary, NC. We have been contemplating this house for about 4 months now and it has been a long and twisting road up to this decision. It is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath on a corner lot. I will have to go down there in a few weeks to start choosing colors and materials. How awesome is that?
We are excited... I guess. Remember I have yet to grasp the enormity and reality of the situation. Please pray for us as there are still many decisions to be made and a lot of changes happening in our lives all at once. Mike needs to find an engineering job down there in order for it to all work out. Please pray for me as I will more than likely be a bit on the hormonally imbalanced side throughout the moving process. I will try to post a picture of the outside of the house soon.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.
3 comments:
Awesome!!! I will be praying for you- moving being pregnant and trying to get settled with a newborn- I just went down that path and survived! Take full advantage of all the help you can! I look forward to seeing the pics of the place! We will be praying that this is a smooth and fun time for you all!
She is back...where have you been? Here's a story of a type A, anal-retentive girl who packed up her house a week before the baby was born, except for what was needed to live with. Had the baby. Brought it home to mounds of boxes everywhere in the house. One week later, sold house, moved into the in-laws for a month. Made an offer on a house. Pulled the offer. Made an offer on another house. Moved when baby two months. If God can carry me through something like that...I know that He will carry you...that's way it's good your in dream mode...it's easier to be carried that way!!!
--Love ya, Jill
Gina & Mike-
I am so excited for you guys. It's a huge transition but what a blessing it will be to be settled in your own brand new place. Getting to pick your own colors and finishes is awesome, you can have exactly what you want. We bought our house when I was pregnant with Chris and Jess was 3 but honestly the excitement outweighed any stress by far. God has perfect timing just remember that. Enjoy the process and know I will be praying for you guys. Give those adorable babies a kiss for me
Post a Comment