Thursday, January 3, 2008

In My Shoes


I took this picture because she is so tiny, my shoes looked huge and she looked cute. But as soon as I snapped the shot, I was struck by a very convicting thought. She is wearing MY shoes. All day long, my little girl follows me around mimicking me, repeating my words and mostly watching my every move. She is a sponge that is learning how to be a woman.... from ME. That grounded me. Life has been tough around here lately. I have been exhausted and cranky with a limited amount of patience. I have been blaming it on the pregnancy, which IS largely to blame, but I have done little to combat these negative symptoms. I have not been disciplined in getting enough rest and enough Word. Not to mention letting the thief back into my home (see blog entry Aug. 29). I will begin there. After all, I can't take a break from being Mom just because I'm pregnant. Ironic thought huh? It is the New Year and I will start fresh. I will go to bed earlier to rest my body and mind and rise early to be refueled by my loving Father asking for His patience and love to flow from me before my daily chores begin, always being mindful of the privilege of mommying these "3" precious gifts. I cannot do this (life) on my own and that is precisely how I have been attempting it since early Fall.
So the sight of my daughter in my shoes sobered me. Made me think of all the work that needs to be done in my heart and mind to make my shoes worthy to be worn by my children. Overwhelming at first but then I remember that little of the work needs to be performed by me and much of it by the Holy Spirit. As I said though, the first step is mine. DISCIPLINE to be rested and refueled.
I looked here after I wrote this post and I was greatly encouraged. What an awesome God we serve!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

The crew

The crew

About Me

My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.