Thursday, January 10, 2008
Something to consider
So as I loosely explained in my previous New Year posts, I find it HUGELY beneficial to rise early each morning (anytime before the kids). "Early" is defined differently for each person and can change with each stage of life. I felt God leading me to do so in September 07 and I tell you, it transformed my life. I then read a book by Carolyn Mahaney and her daughters that talks about their philosophy on this particular discipline. They explain a bit about it here. As you can see they feel the Spirit's leading to expand their club description. I read it and thought NO WAY as depriving myself of food is one of the hardest things for me. But, I commit to reading their daily perspective and to prayerfully consider this step. Whooo. Not a fun thought by any stretch. But I know, even now, what amazing things God can and will do in the lives and hearts of anyone who would do this. So read, consider, pray along with me and let us see if God wants us to become club members together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crew
About Me
- Gina
- My name is Gina. I am Mike's wife and mom to Sammy Thea and Sadie Ann. Best "job" in the world. I start this blog to share the joys and struggles of my life as a stay at home mom who seeks to fall more in love with Jesus with every passing day.
1 comment:
I was catching up on your glog - Jon had the computer with him this week. I was reading about Thea in your shoes and your being convicted and then stating that you went to girltalk to get encouraged. I chuckled to myself because I do the same thing...I love reading there posts and I need to catch up on the stuff from the past week. It's so encouraging and convicting.
Di
Post a Comment